Oh, 90210, how I have missed thee. I have anxiously awaited your return, but I’ve got to say, this episode was lackluster. Come on, Annie gets bitten by a monkey. Were you really that desperate for storylines Rebecca Rand Kirshner? The gang travels to Cabo for spring break to relax and forget their troubles. But in true teenage drama fashion, their problems follow them to the tropical paradise…
What I Floved…
- Liam proves he is the best boyfriend ever: You don’t meet many guys who are willing to find a mariachi band to personally cheer you up and get up at 7:30 a.m. during spring break, you just don’t.
- Teddy wants a relationship: After his little stint with his ex-roommate / Aquaman from Smallville, Teddy realizes he is tired of the endless string of one-night-stands and wants to be in a committed relationship. Tripp and Teddy also looked like brothers, that was kind of disturbing. I’d rather his real relationship be with Ian, but since the writers decided to write off one of their best characters, I’ll settle for Marco.
What I Was Indifferent About…
- Ivy & Dixon: Ivy is addicted to pot. Dixon doesn’t have storyline. In my opinion, these two characters are just taking up valuable screentime at this point. Give them a good character arc before you waste my time.
- Naomi & Max: Even though Max is by far my favorite love interest for Naomi to date, their relationship is a typical pairing that’s been overdone. It’s basically an episode of Beauty and the Geek. They need more drama before I will invest interest in them.
What I Could Have Done Without…
- Adrianna / Navid / Silver: It’s about to be a what? Girl fight! The only tolerable moment of this wretched storyline tonight was Navid admitting that he wasn’t worth them losing a friendship. I completely agree with you here, Navid. You are not worth all of this. I wanted to throw up when Silver said she was falling in love with him (by the way, that swimsuit was ugly). And for a minute, I truly thought that all had been forgiven and this triangle from hell was finally over. But of course not. We’re just going to drag this out as long as possible. And now PsychoAdrianna is messing with Silver’s bipolar meds to get her revenge? This is really a new low, 90210, I can’t wait to see what the show will look like next season without the stench of RRK. Bring back the Navianna & Sixon!
Season three started out so great that I am a little disappointed in where these last episodes seem to be going. But this season is still miles better than season two. But at this point, I’m not sure that’s even an accomplishment. However, 90210 is still my ultimate guilty pleasure show and I will continue to be a loyal fan. Damn my dedication.
Quotables from the episode:
Annie: I don’t understand, I thought you hated all this stuff.
Liam: I may not be a guy who loves churros and swimming with dolphins, but I’m a guy who loves a girl who loves churros and swimming with dolphins.
Liam: Sushi in Mexico? That ends badly.
Naomi: Who needs water when we’ve got margaritas?